I read the other day that WordPress sites are being hacked. It would definitely drive me mad if this happened to me. I am sure am not the only one who finds backing up very boring. But it has to be done.
This issue made me think of the 5 best practices to keep your WordPress blogs from being hacked:
- Make sure to sign up with the best host you can afford. As much as you may think you have an affordable hosting, remember cheap can be expensive.
- Keep your WordPress install (and plugins) up-to-date. Updating is easy as ever, as it usually takes just few clicks (after getting a successful backup). Can’t do it yourself? Let us know.
- Back it up. There are methods to keep your site backed up.Go to the plugins section and search for a backup plugin, pick one and you’ll sleep better at night should something ever go wrong.
- Check those permissions. Make sure your WordPress files and folders have the proper permissions. While some hosts have these correct, it never hurts to be sure.
- Secure. Remove unused plugins and themes that may have holes in them. Consider adding plugins, such as 5G firewall to help deter hackers.
Have you been hacked and what was your experience? Please share with us.